Disclaimer: Many or all of the companies listed here may provide compensation to us. This is how we maintain our free services for consumers. Compensation, along with hours of in-depth editorial research, determines where & how companies appear below. We have very high standards and a reputation to uphold, thus our recommendations are researched very carefully.
Most Trustworthy, Best Advisors & Best Prices
Goldco isn't an unanimous choice for being the top dog in this industry, but they've certainly got more supporters declaring them king than anyone else. Their customer service level doesn't just set the standard for the industry. It's actually heads and shoulders above anyone else.
- Only deal in gold and silver but not platinum and palladium
- $25,000 minimum investment
#2: Augusta Precious Metals
Best Educational Resources
Some analysts list Augusta Precious Metals as the industry's best, but many others still point to them as giving a Goldco a good challenge while being better than the rest. The customer service at Augusta is certainly better than nearly everyone else's. What they're known for is client education, because you'll learn more through them than practically everyone.
- Their integrity is impeccable
- It's hard to find anyone more transparent
- Highly efficient internal operations
- Customer loyalty and support from start to finish
- Seriously deep pool of educational resources
- Smaller lots of bars and coins unavailable
- Minimum investment of $50,000 shuts out many investors
#3: Birch Gold Group
Best Customer Service
Birch Gold Group is certainly challenging Augusta on the client education front. Birch is a great balance of client education, customer service, and affordability in terms of fees and costs. They're an all-around effective option for a gold broker.
- They deal in four precious metals instead of just gold and silver
- Customer service is among the best
- Nearly always some kinds of promotion going on
- Low investment minimum opens doors to more investors
- Low fees make account creation and annual maintenance cheaper
- Free shipping
- Lots of educational materials
- Transparency about fees could be better
- They don't actually guarantee buyback
- Other brokers have more account options
#4: Regal Assets
Most Diversified, Best for Gold & Crypto
Regal Assets makes this list because they've carved out two unique niches for themselves. First, they only deal in bullion, which makes buyback and liquidation ridiculously easy. Second, they offer a blended IRA where you can do precious metals and cryptocurrencies to cover your alternative asset class bases at the same time.
- Bullion-only makes for easy liquidation
- Forbes Finance Council membership
- Investment minimums are attainable by many investors
- You pay no extra fees if you sell back
- Thousands of high-level reviews
- Decade of experience behind this brand alone
- Website could have more information regarding management team
- B- rating from Better Business Bureau
#5: Noble Gold
Lowest Startup Capital
Noble Gold has earned its place at a very prestigious table to be just behind these names. Anyone looking to dabble in precious metals can benefit from the low investment minimum. The best investor niche for them might be younger or newer investors just getting started with IRA accounts.
- Advisors are knowledgeable
- High-caliber customer service
- Low minimum investment
- Sign-up process is quick and simple
- Lack of international storage options
- Newer to industry than competition